Al Yakel Vice President, Senior Fire and Life Safety Project Manager
Mr. Yakel is a Senior Project Manager and Vice President of Collings and Associates, LLC. Mr. Yakel holds degrees in Fire Science Technology and Business Management, and is a graduate of the Allan Hancock Fire Academy. Additionally, he is an ICC Registered Building Inspector and Plans Examiner, California State Fire Marshal Certified Levels I, II, and III, and NICET Fire Alarm Systems Level IV #142617.
Mr. Yakel has over 23 years of experience in the fire protection industry, including broad experience in the following areas:
- Fire Alarm & Mass Notification System Design
- Fire Code Analysis, Interpretation & Consultation
- Fire & Life Safety System Review for Buildings & Facilities
- Building and Fire Suppression System Surveys and Field Inspections
- Fire Suppression and Fire Alarm Systems Plan Review
- Inspection of Projects Under Construction for Compliance With Approved Documents
- Creation and Implementation of Facilities Inspection Programs
- Building Commissioning
- Event Management and Emergency Planning
Mr. Yakel has extensive code analysis experience in the application of CBC, ICC, UFC and NFPA. He has been involved in a wide variety of fire and life safety projects, including the review and approval of plans and specifications for new construction and tenant improvements, inspection of projects under construction for compliance with approved documents, commissioning of all fire protection related equipment, development of training programs, and the creation and implementation of checklist/databases for facilities inspection programs.
As a former University of California campus Fire Marshal, Mr. Yakel has been responsible for building and fire code related concerns, inspections of existing campus buildings for compliance with Title 19/24 requirements, provided fire and life safety training to campus departments, maintained oversight of campus fire protection equipment contracts, conducted fire investigations and responded to emergencies as part of the campus Emergency Response Team.